Bodegas Irache, S.L. is a winery founded in 1891, and located in Ayegui (Navarre, Spain) at the foot of Mount Montejurra, about 2 km from the medieval city of Estella.
The original vineyards were donated to the Monastery of Irache in 1072 by King Sancho IV of Navarre. The monastery, which also functioned as a pilgrims' hospital on the Way of Saint James, was closed in the nineteenth century, but the tradition of viticulture continues. The Wine Museum contains over 200 pieces of historical winery equipment and many bottles of wine from famous vintages.Wine Fountain
In 1991 the company built a wine fountain in one of the walls of the winery which is right on the pilgrims' route along the Way of Saint James. This spot was already known in the 12th century as a "land of good bread and excellent wine" according to the Codex Calixtinus.