Kościół św. Józefa w Krakowie (Podgórze)

( St. Joseph's Church, Podgórze )

St. Joseph's Church (Polish: Kościół św. Józefa) is a historic Catholic church in the Podgórze district of Kraków, Poland. It is located on Podgórski Square on the northern slopes of the Krzemionki foothills in the south-central part of the city.

The church was built between 1905 and 1909, and designed by Jan Sas Zubrzycki in the Gothic Revival style. It is the largest church in the area.

 The exterior of the church

The interior of the church is shaped in the likeness of a Gothic cathedral in the so-called Gothic Vistula style. It is filled with numerous altars, benches and other items made mostly of wood. Work on the fittings lasted for years.

In the postwar period, the locations of some of the altars and pulpits were changed, as well as a bricked arcade between an ambulatory and the former chapel of the Sacred Heart (now Our Lady of Perpetual Help and Eternal Adoration). The altars created first were the main chapel (in the sanctuary) and the Annunciation (formerly in the right arm of the transept). Work on them was from 1908 to 1909.

The main altar originally consisted of the tabernacle and statues of Saint Joseph. In main altar in the west (right) arm of the transept stands the altar of the Annunciation. There are 5 other main altars.

Photographies by:
Statistics: Position
7300
Statistics: Rank
10210

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
Security
685237941Click/tap this sequence: 4521
Esta pregunta es para comprobar si usted es un visitante humano y prevenir envíos de spam automatizado.

Google street view

Where can you sleep near St. Joseph's Church, Podgórze ?

Booking.com
551.537 visits in total, 9.238 Points of interest, 405 Destinations, 348 visits today.