The Panagiotis (Greek: Παναγιώτης) is a shipwreck lying in the white sands of an exposed cove on the coast of Zakynthos, which is among the southernmost of the Ionian Islands of Greece. Navagio ("Shipwreck"), the spot where she lies, is a tourist attraction on the north-western side of the island, with thousands of visitors each year.

She was built in Scotland in 1937 as Saint Bedan and wrecked in 1980.

The coaster Panagiotis was built in 1937 at Bowling on the River Clyde in Yard 341 by Scott & Sons, and fitted with a 532 bhp diesel engine made by British Auxiliaries Ltd. When built, she measured 157 feet in length and 26 feet in width. She had a draft of 14 feet, and a gross register tonnage of 452.

The Panagiotis changed hands and names since her construction.

1937 - Originally named the MV Saint Bedan, she was launched on Thursday, 14 January 1937 for J. & A. Gardner and Co. Ltd. of Glasgow. 1964 - Sold to Greek owners, M. Gigilinis and S. Kakassinas of Thessaloniki and renamed Meropi. 1966 - Sold to N. S. Kalfas and renamed Charis. 1975 - Sold to P. Lisikatos & Company of Piraeus and renamed Panagiotis. 1980 - Beached on the island of Zakynthos, 2 October 1980, and abandoned.[1]
^ "Motor Vessel Saint Bedan". Clyde-built Ship Database. 2017. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
Photographies by:
dronepicr - CC BY 2.0
dronepicr - CC BY 2.0
Zones
Statistics: Position
1885
Statistics: Rank
68407

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
Security
254837619Click/tap this sequence: 9945
Esta pregunta es para comprobar si usted es un visitante humano y prevenir envíos de spam automatizado.

Google street view

Videos

Where can you sleep near MV Panagiotis ?

Booking.com
533.772 visits in total, 9.233 Points of interest, 405 Destinations, 4.841 visits today.