قلعة صلاح الدين الأيوبي (القاهرة)

( Cairo Citadel )

The Citadel of Cairo or Citadel of Saladin (Arabic: قلعة صلاح الدينQalaʿat Salāḥ ad-Dīn) is a medieval Islamic-era fortification in Cairo, Egypt, built by Salah ad-Din (Saladin) and further developed by subsequent Egyptian rulers. It was the seat of government in Egypt and the residence of its rulers for nearly 700 years from the 13th to the 19th centuries. Its location on a promontory of the Mokattam hills near the center of Cairo commands a strategic position overlooking the city and dominating its skyline. At the time of its construction, it was among the most impressive and ambitious military fortification projects of its time. It is now a preserved historic site, including mosques and museums.

In addition to the initial Ayyubid-era construction begun by Saladin in 1176, the Citadel underwent major development during the Mamluk Sultanate...Llegeix més

The Citadel of Cairo or Citadel of Saladin (Arabic: قلعة صلاح الدينQalaʿat Salāḥ ad-Dīn) is a medieval Islamic-era fortification in Cairo, Egypt, built by Salah ad-Din (Saladin) and further developed by subsequent Egyptian rulers. It was the seat of government in Egypt and the residence of its rulers for nearly 700 years from the 13th to the 19th centuries. Its location on a promontory of the Mokattam hills near the center of Cairo commands a strategic position overlooking the city and dominating its skyline. At the time of its construction, it was among the most impressive and ambitious military fortification projects of its time. It is now a preserved historic site, including mosques and museums.

In addition to the initial Ayyubid-era construction begun by Saladin in 1176, the Citadel underwent major development during the Mamluk Sultanate that followed, culminating with the construction projects of Sultan al-Nasir Muhammad in the 14th century. In the first half of the 19th century Muhammad Ali Pasha demolished many of the older buildings and built new palaces and monuments all across the site, giving it much of its present form. In the 20th century it was used as a military garrison by the British occupation and then by the Egyptian army until being opened to the public in 1983. In 1976, it was proclaimed by UNESCO as a part of the World Heritage Site Historic Cairo (Islamic Cairo) which was "the new centre of the Islamic world, reaching its golden age in the 14th century."

Fotografies de:
- Public domain
Zones
Statistics: Position
1075
Statistics: Rank
104142

Afegeix un nou comentari

Aquesta pregunta es fa per comprovar si vostè és o no una persona real i impedir l'enviament automatitzat de missatges brossa.

Seguretat
846521937Feu clic/toqueu aquesta seqüència: 9936

Google street view

On puc dormir a prop de Cairo Citadel ?

Booking.com
483.045 visites en total, 9.176 Llocs d'interès, 404 Destinacions, 64 visites avui.